Registration Cancellation and Substitutions
Cancellations must be made in writing at least two weeks before the beginning of the event. In this case we will charge a processing fee of £175.00, €200.00 or $250.00 dependent on the currency of the event that you have registered for. Cancellations received less than two weeks before the event will be liable for the full registration fee. This also applies to registrants who do not attend the event. If a participant cannot attend for whatever reason, it is of course possible to nominate a substitution. Substitutions must be received in writing, must be addressed to the registration office and must include the names of both the original and the substitute registrants.
We reserve the right to cancel your registration or refuse access to the event.
Participation in an event is only possible if payment has already been received, or if it is submitted at the event via credit card payment or bankers draft/cheque. Please note that non-attendance for any reason is subject to the cancellation terms laid out above.
You agree to indemnify and hold T.A. Cook Consultants and its business lines harmless against any and all loss, liability, damage, costs, expense, claims, proceedings and actions arising out of any negligent act or omission of client or their representatives; including any breach of these terms and conditions.
Attendee is responsible for arranging appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at this event, including prevention, postponement or abandonment. T.A. Cook and its business lines cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
T.A. Cook and its business lines are not liable for damages due to technical malfunctions that may occur. We bear no responsibility if it is necessary to exchange, cancel, modify or postpone an event due to an unforeseen event or act of God, including, but not limited to, armed conflict, civil unrest, terrorist threats, natural disasters, severe weather, significant influence on transport.
T.A. Cook strive to deliver all of our events as scheduled. However, in certain cases an event may need to be cancelled or rescheduled - for example, due to low delegate numbers, force majeure, act of God, or when a situation arises which, according to T.A. Cook, may pose a threat to our participants - when this occurs the following applies:
- If the event is cancelled without rescheduled dates, the customer has the opportunity to take part in a similar event organized by us within a period of 12 months. If the customer does not wish to switch their participation to another event, we will refund the conference participation fee in full.
- If the event is rescheduled we will automatically assign your participation to the new event date. Cancellation of your participation as a result of the rescheduled dates will not be possible unless it is demonstrably unreasonable for the customer to make the rescheduled date. Under these circumstances, we offer to transfer the customer’s participation, and associated fee, to another conference within a period of 12 months. Should the organizer be culpable for the reason to reschedule, your participant fee will be refunded in full.
In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling of an event, T.A. Cook are not liable for any further costs incurred by our customers in connection with their attendance, for example for travel and accommodation costs.
Liability for damages is excluded unless T.A. Cook is culpable for the reason the event was cancelled.
We do our best to ensure all presentations are available for electronic download, but in some cases, cannot guarantee that speakers will make their presentations available for sharing post-conference.
By registering for this event, you grant us permission to keep you informed of future events and content within your field of interest. We will only send you relevant information (by email, post or telephone) and you can unsubscribe at any time. Your details will only be held on the T.A. Cook internal database and will not be supplied to 3rd parties without your prior knowledge and permission. If you wish to unsubscribe immediately, please send an email to email@example.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. For further information, please visit uk.tacook.com/service/privacy-cookie-
Governing Law/Place of Jurisdiction/Place of Performance
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is solely applicable. Application of the UN Convention on Contracts is expressly excluded.
(2) The place of jurisdiction is Berlin.
(3) The place of performance is Berlin, or in case of consulting projects the agreed location, and with regard to events the announced event location.
Photography and Videos
We plan to take photographs and video material at the event and reproduce them in educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including event websites. By participating in this event, you grant us the right to use the photographs and video footage for such purposes. All photos and videos become the property of T.A. Cook. These may be displayed, distributed or used by T.A. Cook for any purpose. Should you wish to opt-out of this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Houston, April 2020