Brochure Available for Download Now!
At these workshops you will review product functionality, dive deeper into specific topics, look at practical examples, take part in discussions, go through live demonstrations, and determine for yourself the business benefits of each solution. Each workshop offers you a unique opportunity to address challenges, discuss them with your peers, and gain valuable guidance from some of the most knowledgeable experts on SAP applications.
Please note that you cannot switch between parallel workshops.
Full Day Pre-Conference Workshops (09:30 am - 5:30 pm)
This workshop provides a comprehensive overview of treasury applications from SAP. It helps attendees understand the processes, functions and features in the area of bank connectivity as well as cash, liquidity, and financial risk management. Discover the extensibility options available with SAP® Cloud Platform in order to leverage value-adding services for Treasury. Learn more about both our recent and planned innovations in the area of cash and financial risk management, treasury reporting, and compliance. Attendees will also get an understanding of the different deployment options as well as practical insights into implementation approaches.
This workshop provides an end-to-end overview that covers the following topics:
- Payments and Bank Connectivity
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Payment Factory Treasury and Risk Management
- Value-adding services with SAP Cloud Platform, e.g. FX Trading Automation Bank Connectivity as a Service Market Data as a Service
- How to get there - deployment options and implementation scenarios
- Recent enhancements, innovations, and road map topics
This workshop provides you with a broad and insightful overview of the functionality within the cash & payments area in SAP S/4HANA®. This includes to explore cash operations features, bank account management processes, bank fee management, payment monitoring and approvals. Key topic areas also cover options to establish a corporate-to-bank connectivity channel, either host-to-host, EBICS or over SWIFT. This is all based on a new concept within the SAP® Multi Bank Connectivity solution, which is provided through SAP Cloud Platform. In addition an overview of the brand new advanced payment management functionality within SAP S/4HANA® will be provided which allows clients to run a more agile and centralized payment factory complementing the products SAP S/4HANA Cash Management, SAP S/4HANA In House Cash and SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity.
Half Day Pre-Conference Workshops (09:30 am - 1:00 pm)
Join this workshop to gain insight about SAP delivers a flexible and integrated and ready to turn Treasury solution to help you to manage your payment, cash, debt, investment and risk management.
- The workshop will provide a details on how content are predelivery based on best practice approach. Furthermore the session provides an overview of the different Self Service-Configurations which help you to further tailor and design the solution to meet your needs.
- The session helps you to understand the integration to Market data providers, trading platform , payment providers and corporate to bank connectivity
- Get insight on how Treasury and Finance Solution in the Cloud can be integrated into your existing On-Premise System landscape using Standard Webservices
- Outlook and the way forward for Treasury Analytic strategy and the roadmap for 2020.
Machine Learning, Robotics and Digital Assistant Systems are fundamentally changing the way the finance function will operate in the near future. Those new, disruptive technologies enable us to do things, that were impossible in the past.
In this learning lab, we will share SAP's automation strategy, share real-life examples and discuss future use cases.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- SAP's Automation Strategy
- Artificial Intelligence in the Order-2-Cash process
- Insights and a live demo of SAP’s latest version of the Cash Application
- Overview on SAP Intelligent Process Automation
Half Day Pre-Conference Workshops (2:00 pm - 5:30 pm)
In this workshop you will receive an end to end process flow for the FX risk management process in SAP: starting from exposure reporting - via automated trade requests including trading on a FX trading platform - to the deal creation and updated reporting (including automated hedge accounting) in your S/4 System.
FX Risk Management provides the end to end process from risk identification for forecasted as well as balance sheet exposures to hedge accounting. It allows you to:
- Upload and manage your exposure positions
- Capture the Treasury policy how hedges shall be performed in the system
- Determine the net open exposure as well as the calculation of the to be hedged amounts in the hedge management cockpit
- Manage the generated orders for FX trades in an cloud based Order Management System and send them from here to FX marketplace
- Get trades automatically back into the Order Management System and automatically generate financial transactions in S/4
- Update the hedge management cockpit automatically
- Perform automatic designation process for hedge accounting regarding IFRS9 as well as US-GAAP
- Generate automatic hedge accounting for month, quarter and year end closings
You will also gain an insight into the future solution roadmap for FX risk Management.
Join this workshop to learn about how taking steps to manage working capital can improve liquidity, reduce debt and increase overall profitability of a company. Integrated nature of SAP solutions offers diverse set of capabilities for treasury and the rest of the finance organization to take effective steps in optimizing their working capital. We will discuss the following:
- How to combine the strength of multiple SAP solutions together for better results
- Understand the impact of SAP receivables and payables management along with liquidity management
- What are the key considerations for treasury to continuously improve working capital
- Analyze current and future SAP use cases supporting working capital management
In the experience economy, the winners and losers of the future will be determined by the experiences they provide. Successful business model innovation, process optimization, and workforce productivity are directly linked to improving customer and employee experiences. To succeed in this marketplace, we must evolve to meet the requirements of the experience economy and drive connected, intelligent decision-making.
- How finance is evolving in the experience economy
- Leveraging key technologies underpinning the way finance works, including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and predictive analytics
- The steps corporate treasury leaders should take to prepare their organizations for their evolved role
- Alphabet Inc.’s transformation approach and lessons learned
- How we went about harmonizing a crowded system landscape into a simplified system architecture
- Co-innovating with SAP to implement best-practice hedge management features as part of a standard solution
- Long and short-term debt management (including bond issuances) managed with the SAP Treasury and Risk Management application
- Cash flow and interest expense projection using the SAP Strategy Analyzer for Banking application and COMPIRICUS’ bond issuance package
- Real-time reporting in the SAP HANA platform
While cash and risk management operations are vital for every company, Treasurers are now expected to look beyond these traditional areas. They are being tasked with more complex initiatives of managing overall net working capital across the enterprise. Many of these initiatives require comprehensive approaches to managing the complete cash-to-cash cycle. To provide financial leadership, modern treasury needs to implement solutions that offer instant insights, facilitate decision-making, and run with minimum oversight. Treasury organizations require a solid platform that is seamlessly integrated with the rest of the enterprise and across the external ecosystem. This session shows you how SAP solutions deliver these capabilities.
You will develop an understanding of:
- Access to enterprise data as a foundation for insight to action
- Interconnected processes supporting automation and efficiency
- On-going evolution of SAP solutions to support intelligent treasuries of the future
- Be a part of Albemarle’s journey of SAP Treasury deployment on SAP S/4HANA
- Understand the key elements of their success and take the opportunity to learn from their experience
- Listen to the challenges faced and lessons learned along the way
- Get to know the realized benefits of treasury transformation using SAP S/4HANA
Kesavan Thuppil, Deloitte
Heike Ripp, SAP
Andreas Hofer, SAP
Andreas Welsch, SAP
Arif Esa, SAP
William Cao, SAP
- Stop using Excel by creating a effective business case for SAP Treasury
- Implement treasury modules in phases to eliminate scope creep and stay on budget
- Structure your project team to enhance knowledge transfer and break down silos
- Share lessons learned from SAP Treasury implementations
- An introduction to APIs and their role in financial services
- The rise of instant payment services and their impact on banking and cash management
- Common use cases for APIs in treasury review client success stories
- SAP’s digital and SAP S/4HANA transformation
- SAP HANA Cash Management and Bank Account Management
- Treasury dashboard and other treasury continuing innovation efforts
- Demo of our treasury dashboard
More details coming soon!
- Primer on world-class finance organizations
- Selected best-practice insights related to treasury and working capital
- Impact of digital transformation on the finance function
- Changing roles and skill sets required by finance
- Challenges and opportunities for finance leaders – A customer’s perspective
- Better long-term ROI through a finance transformation platform
- Need for a digital treasury platform to be integrated, automated, and connected across the ecosystem
- Why HPI needed a new Treasury system
- Our transformation journey with SAP Treasury
- The possibilities for the future on SAP Platform
Ravi Ramamurthy and Jim McCormick, EY
Karsten Kohl, PwC
Dirk Neumann, Brisken LLC
Kolja Ewering, SAP
Heidi Zhao, SAP
Arif Esa, SAP
Kurt Grotenhuis, Bramasol Inc.
Shaun Hazen and Arthur Zeyda, Google LLC, and Howard Chin, COMPIRICUS INC.
Arif Esa, SAP
- Business goals to be achieved through digitalization
- Overall system landscape to support digitalization
- Where SAP S/4HANA fits as a solution
- Autodesk’s decision-making process and the factors influencing those decisions
- Selecting a knowledgeable system implementer to implement SAP S/4HANA
In an exciting discussion, the panel will consider the changes that will reshape how companies run their finance processes. It will review ideas about technology and trends that will impact nearly every company that has to manage cash and risk. The panel will exchange ideas on how the right investment in finance technology today will differentiate, in the years to come, the successful companies from the not-so-successful ones.
- The latest developments in the treasury area and the way forward
- Live demos covering the end-to-end FX process and how SAP software provides services based on SAP Cloud Platform
- Outlook and the way forward for the treasury analytic strategy and the road map for 2020