At the International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management which took place in Copenhagen in early March this year, we conducted some live polling amongst event participants to find out how GRC is viewed within their corporations.
The questions asked were as follows:
1. What is the main purpose of internal controls in your organization?
2. Feasible: What percentage of controls do you believe can/could be automated in your organization?
3. Actual: What percentage of controls are currently automated in your organization?
4. Are you using Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM) to monitor?
5. Where do you see CCM having an impact at your company?
6. Who uses and relies on your internal control information?
7. Does your company have a common platform for the collation and alignment of objectives, risks, controls, compliance and audit information?
8. Do you feel that digital transformation is increasing expectations of your own risk and controls management departments?
9. Where would you rate your company's risk management processes?
10. Where do you see "Big Data Audit Analytics" having an impact at your company?
Click on the image to see a pdf version of the infographic detailing the results of the survey.