- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Agenda Day One
- Agenda Day Two
- Partner Showcases
- SAP Microforums
- Social Events
Pre-conference Workshops - April 1, 2020
Full Day Workshops (09:00-17:00)
This full day workshop is designed for experts looking to move their innovative offerings and energy retail business processes to the cloud. This is your chance to hear from SAP experts on the latest cloud innovations from SAP, while sharing your experiences with industry peers. The workshop provides a detailed overview of the SAP Cloud for Utilities solution and strategy. It covers today's capabilities and upcoming solution offerings as well as solution road maps. We also show options for cloud transformation.
Topics this workshop covers:
- Target reference architecture for the SAP Cloud for Utilities solution
- An introduction to the cloud components of the suite
- Guidance on the correct approach to data modelling
- Details of the integration scenarios
- Overview of the metering, billing, invoicing, and revenue management components
Curious about utilities software from SAP? Ever wondered what the SAP for Utilities solution portfolio is but not sure how to find out? Do you work in a specific department at a utilities company and want to know what other departments do? Are you new to the SAP ecosystem and keen to learn more about the SAP for Utilities solutions portfolio? If you want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire solution portfolio in one day, then attend this workshop and you will not be disappointed.
- Understand the utilities master data model
- Learn about customer relationship management in utilities, including marketing, sales, and customer service processes
- Find out about meter-to-cash processes - from meter readings and billing to contract accounting
- Get an introduction to the SAP® Energy Data Management application and the SAP Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Integration for Utilities software
- Gain comprehensive insights on enterprise asset management and business analytics for utilities
This one day deep-dive pre-conference workshop will give you an understanding of how SAP S/4HANA® Utilities can positively impact your company. You will get insights on key concepts, scope, as well as the future roadmap. You will also have the opportunity to discuss what needs to be considered technically when moving your IT landscape to SAP S/4HANA. Next to content presentations, the workshop targets to involve the audience into a joint discussion with SAP and in between workshop participants. We will cover SAP S/4HANA application and technology-related topics.
- Latest insight on SAP S/4HANA for the Utilities industry
- SAP Leonardo capabilities such as IoT scenarios, machine learning and predictive maintenance
- How to convert your existing ERP 6.0 to SAP S/4HANA? Technical considerations and efforts
- How to prepare your ERP 6.0 now in order to be ready for a future conversion to SAP S/4HANA?
- Explore customer service scenarios for the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution
- Discover new features of the latest release and planned innovations
- Review the integration with other SAP solutions.
Morning Workshops (09:00-12:30)
Connecting enterprise business processes and the data from assets is a key factor in realizing the benefits of the intelligent enterprise. Asset-intensive industries can considerably increase efficiency by analysing asset data with predictive algorithms and machine learning capabilities. Identifying promising scenarios is, however, a nontrivial challenge.
In this workshop, we jointly investigate the potential of intelligent asset management in the oil and gas and utilities industries. We cover how SAP software supports connected assets, applicable use cases, and implementation case stories. Join us to:
- Gain an overview of SAP's approach towards intelligent asset management
- Explore and investigate predictive maintenance and machine learning scenarios
- Hear customer stories and examples from the oil and gas and utilities industries
- Discuss value drivers and quick deployment and win strategies
- Expand your understanding of the available technology to improve the asset lifecycle
During this half-day workshop, we give an introduction to an intelligent enterprise for utilities companies powered by machine learning and chatbots. We provide an overview of machine learning and chatbot use cases based on the latest releases of SAP S/4HANA for Utilities and the SAP C/4HANA® suite. Step by step, we showcase how to use the machine learning and chatbot platform to train and build, and include a hands-on demo. In this workshop, you receive:
- An introduction to the technology and how it can be configured and integrated
- A demonstration of how you can utilize the machine learning and chatbot offering within the processes of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution
- An overview of how to enhance the customer experience by incorporating these technologies within SAP C/4HANA
Attend this workshop to find out what the next steps are in the journey to the core of the intelligent enterprise based on customer examples. Whether you want to build a new enterprise core, extend it, or transform it to fulfil your business vision, you must define your strategy, make your case, and consider your options before you start building your future. Learn about the tools, methodologies, and services SAP provides to accelerate your journey to SAP S/4HANA as your digital core. Gain insights on how other customers have planned their journey. This workshop gives you the opportunity to:
- Get an overview of the factors driving transformation
- Learn how organizations perceive relevant SAP S/4HANA capabilities and benefits in their digital transformation as a whole
- Review several business cases
- Delve into the various types of implementation approaches and find out how to choose the right one for your organization
- Find out how your peers chose their implementation approach and how they carried it out
- Consider more closely SAP software tools and methodologies that can implement your decision to move to SAP S/4HANA
Afternoon Workshops (13:30-17:00)
How do SAP® Intelligent Asset Management solutions, especially the SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management application, support industry standards such as ISO 55000, ISO 14224, ISO 60300, JAE1011, ISA-95, IEC 61511, API 570, and API 581?
This workshop is an excellent addition to workshop 2. It provides examples and a mini case study of how these standards inform how the software is coded and how you, the practitioner, can use these standards to perform your tasks as a reliability practitioner active in the O&G industry.
To set the stage, reliability-centered maintenance 3 (RCM3) is introduced and methodologically followed throughout the workshop, with references made to failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), root-cause analysis (RCA), and risk-based inspection (RBI). Topics also covered include mitigated and residual risk, mode dependency, integrity operating windows, safety instrumented systems, and mechanical integrity of static equipment (including pressure vessels).
This workshop also discusses field service management. It introduces inspection management and the tools now available to gather the data necessary to inform risk-based and condition-based corrective actions through condition determination.
Customer experience has become one of the most important factors for utilities companies to consider when adapting to the current market. Integrating customer needs and demands successfully into today's businesses is an essential step when looking to expand beyond commodity energy. Join us for an overview of our SAP C/4HANA solution portfolio tailored to the needs of the industry and take away:
- Insights into the SAP offering in the area of customer experience
- A knowledge-sharing experience with peers
- User stories and best practices as shared by our global customers
- An experience in helping define the future direction and influence of customer experience by providing your input and experiences
Asset-intensive operations and hazardous processes face increasing pressure to improve management of risks that can compromise safety, cause costly incidents, and jeopardize operational continuity. The SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management application helps organizations go beyond compliance to mitigate environment, health, and safety risks by performing thorough risk assessments, designing effective controls, and communicating safe work practices. Testing these controls, capturing incidents, and learning from events support intelligent change and continuous improvement. This support for integrated operational risk management results in:
- Fewer adverse events
- More proactive safety measures
- Decreased frequency rates of incident, injury, and illness
- Fewer production interruptions caused by incidents or accidents, and lower impact of those interruptions
- Improved overall equipment effectiveness
- Reduced total cost of environment, health, and safety compliance
In this workshop, you learn about the integrated end-to-end service suite from SAP and how it fits into the digital transformation taking place in the utilities industry. Attend and find out how your customers and field technicians can experience the perfect service moment with the SAP Service Cloud portfolio, especially the SAP Field Service Management solution. Learn about the new service functionality offered by SAP S/4HANA in our digital core.
By the end of the workshop, you will understand how the process flow for an end-to-end service experience is seamlessly integrated between the service front end and the service back end. You will know how you can bring to life perfect service moments for your company. The workshop also covers:
- Design thinking: What are your service moments?
- Service transformation in the utilities industry
- The end-to-end integrated service suite from SAP: 1) Experience the perfect service moments with SAP Service Cloud 2) Understand the seamlessly integrated process flow for an end-to-end service experience between the service front end and the service back end 3) Learn about the new service functionality provided by SAP S/4HANA in our digital core
- End-to-end system demos
- A session where SAP listens: Share what is missing from your point of view
In this session, we cover the market trends, benefits, and challenges of meter, energy, and water data management and the growing relevance of energy and water data in the utilities industry. We provide information about how SAP software can handle the current and upcoming requirements within this transition area. The workshop focuses on the new cloud solutions, but also guides you through the on-premise software options as well as a combination of both in a hybrid environment.
The session provides comprehensive information about market changes, innovative business models, customer examples, as well as the current and planned SAP software products. You get the latest information about our planned road maps and can watch the most recent system demos of new products, such as the SAP Cloud for Energy solution. Other topics include:
- How you can increase the importance of metered data across all markets and enterprise roles
- Overview of SAP software capabilities that cover meter-related processes in on-premise and cloud environments
- Smart metering: Capabilities, architecture options, and customer examples
- Insights, system demos, and a road map of new cloud-based solutions, for example, SAP Cloud for Energy
Registration for Workshops is Now Open!
Conference Agenda Day 1 - April 2, 2020
• Courage and motivation – Future, I’m coming for you!
• Infectious optimism and a new trust in change
• Innovation and creativity – Discovering the superhero within
• Risks and results – Deciding on your limit
• The role of intelligent technologies to unlock growth and efficiency potential
• Energy business models for growth in a low-carbon economy
• Market standards and potential for differentiation
- Vision and business challenges of energy companies for 2025
- Key ingredients for a forward-thinking business strategy during energy transition times
- Lessons learned from leveraging information technologies to drive change and business outcomes
• Trends in and vision for the utilities industry
• Orchestrating a transition for energy
• Innovating at scale – Endorsing change
• The SAP Cloud for Utilities solution
• During this unique and interactive session hear how the ANZ region are leading the way with SAP
• Gain insight into the latest projects, regional challenges and future planned innovation
Conference Agenda Day 2 - April 3, 2020
• Global market trends and SAP’s bimodal development strategy
• SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution: Innovation highlights and success stories
• SAP Cloud for Utilities solution: Current portfolio and development road map
• Introduction of the new tool for the SAP solution road map – Digital transformation methodology
• What are the primary differences between SAP S/4HANA projects and past SAP implementations?
• Funny anecdotes on the journey to reach the intelligent company
• Key value propositions the Intelligent Enterprise will bring to Latin American companies
• Overall development of energy demand
• Electrification and growth in renewable generation
• Demand for fossil fuels
• CO2 emission pathways and requirements to reach 1.5C
• Implications of climate change
- Special functions for utilities companies
- Optimized processes to help relieve call centres
- Automation and integration in the SAP for Utilities solution portfolio
- Learn what standard SAP software can offer you with the SAP Asset Manager mobile app to mobilize your maintenance and metering processes
- Experience the power of SAP Fiori apps for planning and dispatching your workforce
- Learn from the best and get unique insights into our projects and best practices from customer projects around the globe
- Explore how to leverage your existing and future investments with SAP and Dell Technologies to deliver proven, standardized solutions for Virtual Site Inspections and Alerting using automation, metering, video and audio data
- See an example of an SAP Intelligent Enterprise solution powered by Dell that turns your data and information into informed decisions for faster time to value
- Risk must be embedded at the forefront of business strategy
- Monitoring and reacting to yesterday’s data are no longer of value. With SAP Operations Control Center and SAP Intelligent Enterprise Framework, all risk information that matters to you is accessible real time
- Trust is the new currency to generate value and inspire loyalty. Master the complexity that underpins the concept of things and turn insight into action
- The EY Operations Control Centre is a platform that delivers risk insights and smart technologies to support the intelligent enterprise
- Newest output of the SAP Co-Innovation Program
- Breakthrough to a seamless interaction between dispatchers, truck drivers and customers
- Enables you to increase transparency, flexibility and customer service