- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Agenda Day One
- Agenda Day Two
- Partner Showcases
- SAP Microforums
- Social Events
Pre-conference Workshops - April 1, 2020
Full Day Workshop (09:00-17:00)
In this workshop, you will receive a comprehensive overview of how SAP S/4HANA® drives transformation in the oil and gas industry. You will gain the necessary insight into how you can get ready for this game-changing evolution in your business. We discuss the latest innovations and road map for the SAP S/4HANA Oil & Gas solution. We share the different adoption paths to SAP S/4HANA based on customer examples and perform a deep dive into the SAP® Model Company service for Oil & Gas.
- An introduction into the intelligent enterprise for oil and gas companies and SAP S/4HANA
- A closer look at scope and deployment models for SAP S/4HANA for Oil & Gas
- A complete overview of the latest innovations, road maps, and transition scenarios to SAP S/4HANA
- A path for adopting SAP S/4HANA for Oil & Gas using transformation tools from SAP and SAP Model Company for Oil & Gas
Morning Workshops (09:00-12:30)
The SAP S/4HANA Finance solution is the core application for almost any oil and gas company. The introduction of SAP S/4HANA to the market fundamentally changed the solution design, which now offers companies a wide range of new options – from reporting to consolidation – based on a simplified architecture. SAP S/4HANA for central finance foundation provides the basis for a host of other processes and is consequently the starting point for many journeys with SAP S/4HANA.
This workshop introduces central finance, discusses its conceptual design, and reviews the changes to the traditional financial software from SAP and deployment options. This comprehensive overview of capabilities and best practices helps customers who are either planning to start their journey or want to continue to leverage additional capabilities.
Mr. Awan, a popular workshop leader, highly recognized expert in the field, and author of “Central Finance and SAP S/4HANA,” has conducted numerous workshops.
The management of large asset construction and maintenance projects requires a holistic approach and the involvement of numerous teams and stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. This workshop leads you through the process end to end, highlighting best practices from asset-intensive industries. The workshop illustrates the capabilities of SAP S/4HANA that support the process of capital project management. In addition, it discusses the use of new cloud-based solution extensions, such as collaboration platforms or analytical apps.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- The solution capabilities in SAP S/4HANA for managing capital projects, from planning and execution to handover
- Support for portfolio management and stage gate processes
- Project initiation and planning processes
- Change and issue management during project execution
- Project risk management
- Project management dashboards for CAPEX projects
- Transformation options for customers of SAP® Business Suite software
Connecting enterprise business processes and the data from assets is a key factor in realizing the benefits of the intelligent enterprise. Asset-intensive industries can considerably increase efficiency by analysing asset data with predictive algorithms and machine learning capabilities. Identifying promising scenarios is, however, a nontrivial challenge.
In this workshop, we jointly investigate the potential of intelligent asset management in the oil and gas and utilities industries. We cover how SAP software supports connected assets, applicable use cases, and implementation case stories. Join us to:
- Gain an overview of SAP’s approach towards intelligent asset management
- Explore and investigate predictive maintenance and machine learning scenarios
- Hear customer stories and examples from the oil and gas and utilities industries
- Discuss value drivers and quick deployment and win strategies
- Expand your understanding of the available technology to improve the asset lifecycle
This workshop is hosted by senior leaders in the oil and gas industry who share their knowledge gained from working with multiple global oil and gas customers. This interactive session – “Art of the Possible” – focuses on innovations and new technologies in oil and gas as well as lessons learned from big-scale transformations.
- Challenges and trends in the oil and gas business
- A showcase in oil and gas – “Art of the Possible”
- Case study–based workshop
- Peer group coaching
- Introduction to the approach for building an industry road map for the intelligent enterprise
- A pulse check based on Experience Management solutions from SAP to assess your organization’s business agility
Afternoon Workshops (13:30-17:00)
To deliver immense business value, industrialized and innovative cloud services must be foundational, with SAP S/4HANA Cloud forming the digital core of cloud solutions from SAP for the industry. SAP is working with an initial set of customers to equip SAP S/4HANA Cloud with the required industrialization and innovations to enable the intelligent enterprise for the oil and gas industry.
In this workshop, we discuss the cloud-first approach and portfolio from SAP, the industrialization road map for the digital core of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and paths to adoption of new cloud processes.
- What is new in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Key business innovations for upstream oil and gas companies in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- A preview of the road map for SAP S/4HANA, including the scope for the new release of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution for upstream oil and gas
- A brief demo of current SAP S/4HANA Cloud functionality
- Planning, deployment, and resource considerations to help with your move to SAP S/4HANA Cloud
How do SAP® Intelligent Asset Management solutions, especially the SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management application, support industry standards such as ISO 55000, ISO 14224, ISO 60300, JAE1011, ISA-95, IEC 61511, API 570, and API 581?
This workshop is an excellent addition to workshop 2. It provides examples and a mini case study of how these standards inform how the software is coded and how you, the practitioner, can use these standards to perform your tasks as a reliability practitioner active in the O&G industry.
To set the stage, reliability-centered maintenance 3 (RCM3) is introduced and methodologically followed throughout the workshop, with references made to failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), root-cause analysis (RCA), and risk-based inspection (RBI). Topics also covered include mitigated and residual risk, mode dependency, integrity operating windows, safety instrumented systems, and mechanical integrity of static equipment (including pressure vessels).
This workshop also discusses field service management. It introduces inspection management and the tools now available to gather the data necessary to inform risk-based and condition-based corrective actions through condition determination.
In this workshop, you learn about key business innovations for fuel retailing logistics and the road map for oil and gas secondary distribution solutions SAP S/4HANA Oil & Gas for secondary distribution management and SAP S/4HANA Oil & Gas for retail fuel network operations. With our new demo, we take a deep dive into new functionalities in SAP S/4HANA and present new use cases for service station management reporting. This is the opportunity to understand how oil and gas, retail, and experience management solutions can be leveraged together to deliver a full consumer experience to customers.
Attend this workshop to:
- Learn about key business innovations for SAP S/4HANA Oil & Gas for secondary distribution management and SAP S/4HANA Oil & Gas for retail fuel network operations
- See the latest demo and deep dive into new functionalities and use cases for service station management
- Understand how oil and gas, retail, and experience management solutions can be leveraged together to support a full consumer experience to end customers
Asset-intensive operations and hazardous processes face increasing pressure to improve management of risks that can compromise safety, cause costly incidents, and jeopardize operational continuity. The SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management application helps organizations go beyond compliance to mitigate environment, health, and safety risks by performing thorough risk assessments, designing effective controls, and communicating safe work practices. Testing these controls, capturing incidents, and learning from events support intelligent change and continuous improvement. This support for integrated operational risk management results in:
- Fewer adverse events
- More proactive safety measures
- Decreased frequency rates of incident, injury, and illness
- Fewer production interruptions caused by incidents or accidents, and lower impact of those interruptions
- Improved overall equipment effectiveness
- Reduced total cost of environment, health, and safety compliance
Registration for Workshops is Now Open!
Conference Agenda Day 1 - April 2, 2020
- A future of courage and motivation – I’m coming for you!
- Infectious optimism and a new trust in change
- Innovation and creativity - discovering the superhero within
- Risk and results - deciding on the limit
- The role of intelligent technologies to unlock growth and efficiency potential
- Energy business models for growth in a low-carbon economy
- Market standards and potential for differentiation
- Deep dive into today's business as data-driven
- Closer considerations on deriving actions from data management and analysis
- Understanding the flexibility and power of the latest architecture from SAP
- Insights on the latest developments for the oil and gas industry
- Outlook and future direction
- Criteria and business drivers for choosing SAP S/4HANA
- How we measure success
- Assuring rapid implementation and adherence to industry standards – Measures taken
- Solution deployment across the organization
- Connecting the user
- What’s next? IT innovations for the near future
Conference Agenda Day 2 - April 3, 2020
- Overview of SAP’s industry roadmap, based on current projects, dedicated customer feedback sessions and long-term customer consortia
- Latest developments – laying the basis for enhanced and improved processes and the decision to roll these out to the business
- Get a comprehensive overview of the latest and most impactful developments and put them in context to your business needs and strategy
- Overall development of energy demand
- Electrification and growth in renewable generation
- Demand for fossil fuels
- CO2 emission pathways and requirements to reach 1.5C
- Implications of climate change
- Explore how to leverage your existing and future investments with SAP and Dell Technologies to deliver proven, standardized solutions for Virtual Site Inspections and Alerting using automation, metering, video and audio data
- See an example of an SAP Intelligent Enterprise solution powered by Dell that turns your data and information into informed decisions for faster time to value
- Risk must be embedded at the forefront of business strategy.
- Monitoring and reacting to yesterday’s data are no longer of value. With SAP® Operations Control Center and SAP Intelligent Enterprise Framework, all risk information that matters to you is accessible real time.
- Trust is the new currency to generate value and inspire loyalty. Master the complexity that underpins the concept of things and turn insight into action.
- The EY Operations Control Centre is a platform that delivers risk insights and smart technologies to support the intelligent enterprise.
- Newest output of the SAP Co-Innovation Program
- Breakthrough to a seamless interaction between dispatchers, truck drivers and customers
- Enables you to increase transparency, flexibility and customer service
- Energy Reach for liquified natural gas (LNG) is a prebuilt solution for SAP S/4HANA that covers all essential processes related to the LNG value chain
- The solution can be deployed for production use in as little as four months
- It can be scaled to serve an intelligent enterprise, with new-age technologies integrated to meet specific customer needs