Tuesday October 16, 2018
At these workshops you will review product functionality, dive deeper into topics, get practical examples, take part in discussions, go through online demonstrations, and determine the business benefits of each solution. Each workshop offers you a unique opportunity to address challenges, discuss them with your peers, and gain valuable guidance from some of the most knowledgeable experts on SAP applications.
Please note that you cannot switch between parallel workshops. Lunch and refreshments will be available for all workshop participants.
Full Day Workshops (09:00 - 17:00)
Companies are experiencing dramatic change as they enter the digital age. Emerging technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, and blockchain are disrupting the way companies operate. Find out how you can take charge of your digital transformation to deliver new business models and processes that provide new levels of operational excellence and sustainable competitive differentiation.
In this one-day workshop, you will discover how the SAP® Leonardo digital innovation system can help you drive rapid innovation in your industry. The interactive workshop addresses both business and technical topics. It highlights the latest available technologies and services, including IoT, machine learning, and blockchain. Based on use cases and lessons learned, it illustrates how those technologies can rapidly add value to your company.
With the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system, you can take a design-led approach. In this workshop, we give you first-hand experience about how to appy design thinking to help your company innovate faster.
- Learn what the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system is and how it supports your digital innovation
- Discover how IoT, machine learning, and blockchain technologies can deliver value to you in just weeks
- Hear about customer experiences and the lessons they learned with these emerging technologies
- Experience how design thinking can help your company innovate
Most customers are convinced that SAP S/4HANA has the unique capabilities to be the driver and foundation of their digital transformation and to improve business operations and user productivity. However, customers still have key questions, such as "What is the best approach in my situation - greenfield versus brownfield?" "How disruptive will the conversion to SAP S/4HANA be to my business operations and user community?" and "What change management aspects should I consider?" In this workshop, we discuss guidelines, best practices, customer showcases, and available tools to develop the most suitable approach for your company.
- Understand the key technical and business-process changes in SAP S/4HANA
- Find the most suitable conversion approach for your company - greenfield or brownfield
- Learn how you can manage the degree of change, scope, and risk of your conversion project
- See what tools and services are available to support your conversion to SAP S/4HANA
- Hear lessons learned from customers who are live with SAP S/4HANA
In this full-day workshop, we take a deep dive into the new solutions and enhancements for the SAP S/4HANA Asset Management solution, the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system, and SAP Solution Extensions. We also look at how machine learning, blockchain, and cloud technologies are changing asset management.
- The following solutions will be covered in detail:
- SAP S/4HANA Asset Management
- SAP Asset Intelligence Network
- The SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management application
- The SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service solution
The workshop also provides updates on SAP Master Data Governance, enterprise asset management extension by Utopia, including the new asset information workbench, mobile applications for asset management, and the geographical enablement framework for enterprise asset management.
- Take a deep dive into the next generation of asset management software from SAP
- Learn how technologies like machine learning, blockchain, and cloud technologies are changing asset management
- What's new and planned in the SAP S/4HANA Asset Management solution
- The future vision for asset management software from SAP
Logistics is a vital function for running organizations that produce and distribute merchandise and is key in bridging the shaky gap between increasing consumption and timely, efficient supply. High logistics costs can negate any low-cost production advantage in the overall value chain.
The increasing pace of change in today's globalised market and emerging technologies has a significant impact on the field of logistics. Modern logistics, so-called Logistics 4.0, offer completely new solutions for the logistics and intralogistics of your business and can be a game-changer in driving efficiency and accelerating growth. Game-changers include autonomous logistics processes, connected containers and transport systems, and intelligent warehouses.
This session provides insights into how companies can embark upon a digital transformation journey of their supply chain using digital logistics software from SAP: the SAP® Transportation Management application, the SAP Extended Warehouse Management application, the SAP Global Track and Trace solution, and SAP Logistics Business Network. Your interaction with peers from the industry as well as with SAP experts will help you understand the emerging changes in these dynamic times.
- Optimise your transportation business processes with SAP Transportation Management and SAP S/4HANA®
- Manage high-volume, automated warehouses with SAP Extended Warehouse Management and SAP S/4HANA
- Optimise customer service levels and track inventory end to end with cloud-based SAP Global Track and Trace
- Discover how to support multimode, logistics business collaboration with SAP Logistics Business Network
Morning Half-Day Workshops (09:00 - 12:30)
Mass-customisation and lot-size-one manufacturing are strategic imperatives in today's economy. From simple dimensional variations and color options to complex manufacturing constraints, companies must manage options effectively and end to end through their processes.
This workhop gives an update on SAP's strategy with regards to variant configuration and business-rule management. We provide an update on the SAP S/4HANA solution for advanced variant configuration. We discuss today's modeling best practices and options. We cover integration (for example, the SAP Hybris® Commerce solution) as well as migration considerations, where variant configuration and attribute-driven processes are affected.
- Update of the strategy from SAP for supporting variant configuration and business rules
- SAP S/4HANA solution for advanced variant configuration: solution update and road map
- Modelling options: variant configuration, batch classification, business rules framework plus (BRFplus), and loosely coupled models
- Integration concept: variant configuration in commerce and configure-price-quote
- Migration considerations: classic and advanced variant configuration in SAP S/4HANA and S/4HANA Cloud
As process manufacturing companies evolve from traditional sales and operations planning processes to integrated business planning, they are discovering a need to improve decision-making by analysing simulations with known impacts. This session reviews each major planning process - demand, supply, inventory, scheduling, and S&OP - with a close look at analytics and KPIs that impact the global supply chain. We discuss how optimisers are used in planning processes, how to leverage heuristics, and how to determine the best fit for statistical forecasting techniques. We discuss the benefits of moving supply chain applications to the cloud and how analytics can be incorporated throughout the process. We detail SAP's strategy related to Integrated business planning, production planning, and detailed scheduling (with execution in the SAP S/4HANA).
- Discover how to evolve from a supply chain driven S&OP process to a business-driven Integrated business planning process
- Develop a response-driven demand planning process with both statistical forecasting and short-term demand pattern recognition
- Leverage both heuristic and optimization algorithms for capacity planning and supply scheduling
- Develop an inventory replenishment strategy that balances working capital with customer service
Over the last two years, SAP has co-innovated with customers to create sourcing and supplier collaboration solutions for direct spend and to give customers one place to manage their supplier interactions. SAP® Ariba® solutions continue this work by addressing the needs of SAP customers.
Join your peers in this interactive session to discuss your challenges and co-innovate future solutions for best-in-class technologies. Gain in-depth knowledge of the latest innovations around procurement and supply chain for the chemical industry.
- Learn about new co-innovation
- Gain valuable insights into current and future solution road maps in the areas of supply chain and procurement
- Take advantage of this opportunity to help shape the solutions of the future
- Learn from peers about best practices used for direct sourcing and collaboration
This half-day workshop gives you an overview of financial planning and consolidation software from SAP. You take a deep dive into specific scenarios and features and will benefit from an interactive format, where each participant can discuss which path their organisation would like to take and which steps would be the best for your company - either with on-premise or cloud software from SAP.
- Get an overview of financial planning software, including the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation application
- Discover consolidation software from SAP
- Explore alternative architecture options - on-premise, in the cloud, and hybrid
- Hear customer success examples
Afternoon Half-Day Workshops (13:30 - 17:00)
Participants in this workshop will leave with an understanding of how SAP® software supports the manufacturing environment for both discrete and process industries. Four major topics will be covered: the SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence application, the SAP Manufacturing Execution application, the SAP Digital Manufacturing Insights solution, and predictive quality software. After each topic has been presented, you have the opportunity to discuss the material presented, get answers to your questions from experts, and get insights into best practices.
Attend this workshop to take away a better understanding of:
- SAP Digital Manufacturing Insights
- SAP Manufacturing, Integration and Intelligence
- SAP Manufacturing Execution
- Predictive quality software
With cloud computing being an important enabler for digital transformations, organisations are seeking guidance and advise on safe and reliable cloud transition scenario’s. Companies are looking to achieve non-disruptive business transformation capabilities, open their doors for innovation and a gateway to the intelligent enterprise through usage of advanced technologies in the area of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Discussion topics will include:
- The new normal
- Cloud first strategy
- Benefits and concerns
- Transition scenario’s
Customer experience is one of the top drivers for digital transformation. Join this session to learn how the SAP C/4HANA (formerly SAP Hybris) solution, with a focus on business-to-business commerce, can support seamless service to your client base and ultimately unleash new revenue streams. See first-hand how SAP C/4HANA can integrate with back- and front-end solutions to create a seamless, experience across departments. Learn about key aspects and leave with valuable takeaways that can lead to a successful commerce project.
- Hear detailed customer case studies
- Get an introduction to how SAP C/4HANA solutions support customer engagement and commerce
- Explore best practices and tips for successful implementation of the SAP C/4HANA solution
The SAP® Environment, Health, and Safety Management (SAP EHS Management) application supports you with tightened integration of EHS management functions and support for business processes to give you meaningful analytics for your decision-making. The SAP Connected Worker Safety solution provides you and your workforce with new capabilities to use this information in a working environment anytime and everywhere based on the Internet of Things (IoT).
Join this half-day afternoon workshop to gain a better understanding of SAP EHS Management and SAP Connected Worker Safety. Address your questions to SAP professionals, hear industry insight from the wider group, and take away best-practice insight that you can apply to your own operations.
- Learn how to apply SAP EHS Management in a holistic and risk-based way
- Find out how to mitigate risk through the use of effective controls based on real-time reporting
- Hear how a closed-loop task management software system can increase accountability for environment, health, and safety management
- Learn more about the new capabilities of the use case for connected worker safety
• The intelligent enterprise suite
• SAP C/4 HANA
• Extending business processes
• Machine learning
• SAP HANA® Data Management Suite
• Digitalization and the impact on BASF’s market environment
• Changes in the technology space coming from digital and the opportunity for step change business
• The BASF landscape – modular and agile
• The interaction of back-end technology, front-end differentiation, and smart data
Panellists: Emilie Ditton, IDC | Didier Magnien, Sappi | Laurie Miller, Covestro | John Shellenberger, Johns
• How enterprise software can help optimize, extend, and transform your business
• What the strategic drivers are for typical enterprise architectures of the future
• How SAP supports its customers’ digital transformation journey
- The relevant problems we are trying to solve
- How AI is shaping the business
- Digital business optimization versus digital bsuiness transformation
- A design-led innovation approach
- The key elements of this transformation: people and attitudes